"Give 'em the Buck & Ball!"
Buck and Ball cartridges were widely used in the day of the smooth bore musket. The addition of three buckshot pellets to a standard .66cal musket ball significantly increased the hit probability of the average line company, and was put to deadly use on the battlefields of the 18th and 19th Centuries.
These kits are designed to provide you with the necessary instruction and materials to produce 20 of your own authentic Buck & Ball cartridges. All materials are included except for black powder due to shipping concerns. The two stamped arsenal wrappers provided are copied from surviving originals, and allow you to bundle your completed cartridges into ten-round packs identical to those issued to troops before a campaign. Illustrated instructions will guide you through the historical process of constructing your own cartridges.
The kits feature:
- 20 cal.66 pure lead musket balls.
- 60 cal.31 buckshot.
- 30 trapezoidal cartridge papers of sturdy brown newsprint.
- Flax cordage for fixing cartridges and ammunition bundles.
- A .69cal. forming dowel.
- A choking cord assembly and stand.
- 2 stamped Arsenal wrappers to bundle your cartridges into 10-round packs.
- A detailed set of instructions, including photographs and historical data to guide you through the process.
The completed cartridges are correct for American impressions from 1800 through 1865.
Need some extra firepower for your smooth bore musket? Click here to take a look at our Buckshot Cartridge Kits!
top of page
Free shipping on orders over $40!