These kits contain no Minié balls and are intended for those who have their own or who wish to construct blank cartridges.
Fill your cartridge box with authentic, fully functional paper cartridges for your .69 caliber rifle musket! The kit includes all of the necessary instruction and materials to produce 50 of your own 1861-pattern paper cartridges. The five stamped arsenal wrappers provided are copied from surviving originals, and allow you to bundle your completed cartridges into ten-round packs identical to those issued to troops before a campaign. Detailed, illustrated instructions will guide you through the historical process of constructing your own cartridges.
The kits feature:
- Cartridge papers of sturdy, unbleached newsprint-type paper.
- Flax cordage for fixing cartridges and ammunition bundles.
- A .69 caliber forming dowel.
- A choking cord assembly and stand.
- 5 stamped arsenal wrappers for bundling completed rounds.
- A detailed instruction sheet.
The completed cartridges are correct for either Federal or Confederate impressions in any period or theatre of the War.
Need minié ball lubricant? Click here to check out our authentic 1861 US Army recipe!