Fill your cartridge box with authentic, fully functional paper cartridges for your .58 caliber rifle musket!
These kits are designed to provide you with the necessary instruction and materials to produce 20 of your own 1861-pattern paper cartridges. All materials are included except for lubricant and black powder due to shipping concerns. The two stamped arsenal wrappers provided are copied from surviving originals, and allow you to bundle your completed cartridges into ten-round packs identical to those issued to troops before a campaign. Detailed, illustrated instructions will guide you through the historical process of constructing your own cartridges.
The kits feature:
- 20 cal.575 pure lead 495 grain Miniè balls.
- 50 cartridge papers of sturdy, unbleached newsprint-type paper.
- Flax cordage for fixing cartridges and ammunition bundles.
- A .58 caliber forming dowel.
- A choking cord assembly and stand.
- 2 stamped arsenal wrappers for bundling completed rounds.
- A detailed, illustrated instruction sheet.
The completed cartridges are correct for either Federal or Confederate impressions in any period or theatre of the War. We are proud to offer free shipping on all of our cartridge kits!
Need minie ball lubricant? Click here to see our authentic 1861 US Army recipe!